Visit and Contact Us
Our site will initially be open for reduced hours and days; open Wednesday to Sunday, 10am until 4pm.
Our site has free entry, and in line with the UK Government guidance, please be prepared to use contactless payment methods for purchases in our newly refurbished gift and donated goods shops. We will continue to take cash from visitors who do not have a contactless payment method and for contributions to donation stations.
Making the most of your visit:
Address: Bransby Horses
Our café is running a pre-order ‘Click and Collect’ service, be sure to order before 8pm the day before you visit. To purchase go to bransbyhorses.co.uk/shop
You can also get meals and drinks at the café where, in line with safety measures, it will be table-service only. You’re also welcome to bring picnics to eat in our dedicated picnic areas which will be regularly sanitised.
As well as internal toilets we have outside toilets, which will be regularly cleaned. You will receive further information upon arrival at the site.
We can’t wait to welcome you back!
Still got questions? Here are some FAQs to help you make the most of your visit.
COVID-19 – Information for Guests:
Updated 24 July 2020
We’re busy preparing to welcome you back!
As the first step of a phased reopening of our Bransby site we will be running at reduced days and hours: Wednesday until Sunday, 10am until 4pm. *Not all of our sponsorship stars are in view at the moment, if you are visiting to meet a particular star, please do call our team to check if they will be in view: 01427 788464*
Our phased reopening plans are in accordance with recent updates from the Government in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will reopen under limited capacity and will continue to assess these responses on a daily basis.
The health and safety of our visitors, equines and staff is paramount and to keep everyone safe, we have introduced a number of additional hygiene and safety measures.
1. Is it safe to reopen?
Yes. The opening is in line with the latest Government guidance. We are looking forward to welcoming visitors back to Bransby and the health and safety of our visitors, equines and staff is our priority. We will reopen with a limited capacity in areas, in addition to a range of new hygiene and safety measures which visitors will see throughout the site. We will continue to look at these measures on a daily basis.
2. What new measures do I take before I visit and what has changed at the site?
We will provide an extensive range of safety measures, designed to ensure a happy, safe and healthy experience for all visitors and staff.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid 19 please follow Government advice and don’t visit until it’s safe to do so.
- Check our website for the latest information before you set off to visit us.
- Be aware that some parts of the site have been restricted and some facilities may be suspended.
- Petting of equines and other visitor’s dogs is strictly prohibited as per Government guidelines on Covid 19 transmission. Keep a safe distance from other visitors, employees and equines.
- Be prepared to make contactless card payments for purchases.
- You may see employees wearing Personal Protective Equipment.
- Floor and wall markings will guide you on social distancing.
- You’ll be asked to regularly use hygiene stations / hand sanitiser dispensers on the site. Stringent cleaning measures will be in place.
We would like to reassure everyone that we are taking the necessary measures to provide a safe and hygienic environment. The health and safety of our visitors, equines and employees is an absolute priority and we will always act to safeguard wellbeing wherever possible.
3. Do I need to pre-book to come?
No. Visitors are not required to book tickets online for now. This will be reviewed and implemented should the need arise. We have been careful to create a designated, floor marked queuing system implemented to ensure visitors keep a safe distance and enable the queue to flow efficiently.
4. Where on site are you at reduced visitor capacity?
Only within the shops and café – outside we are not restricting capacity but will continue to ask visitors to remain at a safe distance – especially when passing on the walkways.
5. Are you giving temperature checks to visitors?
No. In line with other sites such as zoos, we have set up ways of working that mean that contact between visitors and employees is kept to a minimum, so as per Government guidance, no temperature checks are required at this stage.
6. Can we do contactless payments?
Yes. We’ve increased the limit to £45.
7. Are you still taking cash?
Yes. If handling cash staff are required to immediately wash their hands after touching.
8. Can we now tap and donate?
Yes. You can tap and donate through the tills in our gift shop and café.
9. Can I eat at the site?
Yes. Visitors have four options. You can:
- Bring your own picnic and use one of two allocated picnic areas. Remember to bring a rug as seating will be limited.
- Pre-order food via a new Click and Collect service available online. You can order up to 8pm the day before you visit us; we won’t be able to process orders made the day of your visit. Go to bransbyhorses.co.uk/shop/ to pre-purchase breakfast or lunch. You will be allocated a timeslot for picking it up from the side door at the café. This can be consumed on or off site, in the food courtyard or picnic areas.
- Order on the day at the temporary outdoor café located in the food courtyard area – there will be a designated queuing area for visitors to purchase hot and cold food outside. You can then use the seating in the outside courtyard to consume food purchased from us. Please note: You won’t be able to eat your own food in this area.
- Enjoy inside table service. This will have limited availability due to socially distanced tables and will be allocated to visitors who are ordering meals (rather than just drinks/snacks). This will operate on a first come first served basis and once full there will be a booking system in place managed by the café team. Inside, the café will only operate table-service, any queuing will be limited to outside areas only. All visitors eating inside will have to comply with Government Track and Trace requirements.
10. Will there be Perspex ‘hygiene screens’?
Yes. They will be in place at the gift and donated goods shops and café.
11. Will there be car parking restrictions?
No. Our free parking will remain the same. Please observe social distancing when leaving your car and joining the queue to enter (if there is one).
12. Are you open for rug and tack donations?
Yes. Please take all donations to the Visitor Centre. If you have a large donation, please notify a member of our team on arrival.
13. Are you open for donations of good quality Bric a Brac and country wear?
Yes. Please take donations of two bags or less to the donated goods shop. If you have a large donation, please notify a member of our team on arrival.
14: Must visitors wear face masks / coverings?
15. Are there sufficient hand washing / sanitising areas?
Yes. However, we encourage visitors to bring their own hand sanitising products if they’d like to. Hand sanitising stations are located at all building entry points. There are toilets located at the Visitor Centre and on the walkways. There are also two large sink washing facilities based outside; one in the food courtyard and the other at the start of the walkways.
16: If you have a suspected case of COVID-19 on your site, will you then close?
As ever, we will co-operate with our local health authority and act immediately upon their advice. We have plans in place in the event that an employee becomes ill, regarding sending them immediately home, encouraging them to follow Government guidance on tracking where they’d been and who they’d come into contact with, and instigating a deep clean of affected areas. We will continue to monitor the situation closely, taking all necessary precautions.
17. Who do I contact if I have further questions?
You can call us on 01427 788 464 (lines are open Monday to Friday, 10.00am – 2.30pm).
Back to top