Equine Veterinary Surgeon (Maternity Cover)
Application Closing Date:On receipt of a suitable selection of candidates
Interview Date:To be agreed with the candidate
Are you an experienced Equine Vet Surgeon, who believes that every equine deserves to be treated with compassion and respect?
With over 350 horses, ponies, donkeys and mules, spread across our two Lincolnshire sites, your knowledge and skills will help us to continue to rescue, care and rehabilitate the equines that need us most. During your 12 months post, you will work as part of our in-house Vet Team to deliver first opinion, clinical care on a variety of interesting and diverse health and welfare cases. Your weekly case load will include regular clinics, medical and orthopaedic diagnostics and emergency care. You will have access to excellent facilities and equipment to carry out your work, such as, an in house laboratory, stocks, treatment rooms, digital x-ray, ultrasound and video endoscopy. You will also have the support of our Veterinary Nurse and Advisor as well as advice from external specialists during regular clinics.
We would most like to hear from current members of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons with strong clinical skills, ideally with an interest in both medical and orthopaedic cases, gained from at least three years working within a busy equine practice or organisation. The successful candidate should have a broad understanding of equine welfare policies, health and safety and biosecurity. The ideal person will have the ability to plan and adapt, communicate confidently and professionally with others and as part of a team and be caring and compassionate in their approach.
WHAT WE OFFER
Working in aid of neglected animals is incredibly rewarding and on top of that we can offer you:
- A good work/life balance, working 37.5 hours, Monday – Friday, with no out of hours duties
- A competitive salary of £37,224 – £42,088 per annum, dependent on experience and a market supplement may also be considered
- An attractive benefits package with plenty of holiday options and free access to a health scheme
- A great place to work with excellent facilities, set in 1000 acres of Lincolnshire countryside
- On site accommodation, if required
- A caring and inclusive community of over 150 dedicated employees, led by strong and supportive leadership
- Plenty of development opportunities, with expert led training and free membership subscriptions
- Interesting and diverse work across our 7 specialist yards
- A job to be proud of; working for one of the largest equine rescue and welfare Charity’s in the UK
This post may close at short notice, so APPLY NOW via our online form or register your initial interest by emailing email@example.com.