Database & Digital Fundraiser
Application close date:January 27, 2021
Interviews to be held:
We would be interested to hear from candidates with experience of CRM database development and the production, analysis and communication of data reports from a minimum of 1-2 years working within a fundraising environment. The ability to demonstrate how you have previously managed data to support and aid customer / supporter insight and maximise customer / supporter value is essential. You must have line management experience, a good understanding of GDPR and data protection regulations and knowledge of the direct marketing in the Charity sector would also be desirable.
- Fundraising team
- Marketing team
- Supporters of the Charity
Working Hours: 37.5 hour per week, Monday - Friday
Annual Salary / Pay Per hour: Starting at £23,673.00 plus an attractive benefits package
Main Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager and working alongside the Marketing Manager, the Database and Digital Fundraiser will provide database support as well as working to create effective segmented donor related campaigns and templates for all stewardship with a focus on online appeals and e-marketing.
Generate income reports to help monitor, measure and create successful segmented appeals and campaigns directed at current, new and lapsed supporters. This includes using our CRM system to develop and co-ordinate a programme of communication that will strengthen engagement with all of our supporters. Ongoing cleansing and updating of the system will be integral to the role.
Also, a key responsibility will be to manage our online donation schemes and develop our EBay selling site to a fully branded shop with data capture and stewardship of these supporters.
- Oversee all supporter data to ensure data integrity and that all database activity is compliant including contact preferences, with the Fundraising Preference Service, GDPR, PECR and regularly review DPIAs and gift aid evidence.
- Alongside the Marketing Manager and Fundraising Manager, work to effectively pull data for segmented appeals and communications. This includes, online membership login, email campaigns utilising Mail Chimp and Direct Marketing.
- Working alongside the Marketing team to present regular analysis of donor data to identify trends in giving and behaviours; to allow development of a stewardship based on these findings.
- Work with finance to regularly review gift aid recording through monthly data pulls, rectifying any lack of evidence and updating or shutting down files as required. Regularly review the procedure relating to this and GDPR, thus improving our reconciliation significantly.
- Responsible for regular data cleansing and to conduct annual data cleaning activities. De-duplicate and merge records as required.
- Support data pulls for Fundraising and the Marketing team and e-campaigns throughout the year.
Digital Donated Goods Shop
- Manage Tack and Donated Goods Coordinator and support in developing our EBay presence to create a professional and branded shop.
- Manage and maintain clear processes for all online sales ensuring they adhere to the Charity Commission and Fundraising Regulator.
- Identifying where training is required within the team and ensure this is completed.
- Ensure processing of buyers details is adhered to with collation of data and an effective stewardship programme for these specific supporters directing them to become regular givers.
- Work to develop the income stream of the EBay platform through mailings and online auctions to boost impact and support through this avenue.
- Processing of all donated goods onto the EBay shop, ensuring communications and completion is done professionally and in a timely manner.
- Overseeing all sales of stamps, remaining professional, in line with the Charity’s procedures and are GDPR complaint.
- Keep up-to-date on current data techniques, supporter giving trends, marketing techniques, data legal issues and methodology used.
- Provide regular KPI and MI reports to an agreed schedule and upon request.
- Produce regular data statistics and KPI reports to monitor and evaluate the quality of supporter data held.
- Proactive enhancement of the charity reputation and not to bring it into disrepute.
- To ensure that any advice or guidance provided to visitors or supporters is in line with the Bransby Horses professional advice and guidelines.
- To promote Bransby Horses and its work to all visitors and members of the public and ensure an efficient service in line with the Bransby Behaviours.
- Deal with confidential and sensitive information appropriately following Data Protection and GDPR procedures at all times.
- Read, understand and observe the requirements of Health and Safety Policy and Procedure at all time. Be accountable the health and safety of all members of your team and carry out responsibilities set out in the Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Develop relationships with other departments as required and work together for the benefit of the charity.
- Ensure your team is trained and developed and has the necessary tools to succeed in their job. This includes providing employees with ongoing feedback, coaching and training to support their development.
- Enforce strict stock control of all charity property and manage the cost effective use of all resources and equipment.
This is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties that may need to be undertaken. It may be necessary to undertake other duties in order to fulfil the objectives of the charity.
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- Advanced user and proven understanding of CRM databases and production of data reports
- Data marketing qualification
- Project managing training / qualification
- Donor Strategy experience
- Experience of SQL
- Able to promote a professional image of the charity at all times