Application close date:May 16, 2021
Interviews to be held:
Working Hours: 37.5
Annual Salary / Pay Per hour: As Above
Main Purpose of the Job:
As a Cook, this role is skilled in all aspects of Front of House and Kitchen duties, including baking and assisting the Catering Manager with the preparation of hot food. They are therefore able to carry out any of the work as necessary, as well as guiding and instructing more junior members of the team when required.
• Prepare, cook and present a range of hot food, snacks and cakes for the café as determined by the Catering Manager.
• When required, cater for conference facilities, including serving and assisting where necessary.
• Undertake simple stock control and advise the Catering Manager or Team Leader when supplies are required, when supplies are required and amend the order form as appropriate.
• In the absence of the Team Leader or Catering Manager, place orders with suppliers to meet the stock requirements of the cafe.
• Carry out regular checks and cleaning of all kitchen equipment and ensure all equipment is hygienic, in safe working order and ensure all is maintained to a high standard.
• Complete all paperwork necessary to ensure compliance with regulations and charity policy.
• Check to ensure that advised dates on food and drinks are adhered to and items are discarded and recorded where necessary.
• Re-stock counters and fridges to ensure they are neat and presentable, adequately stocked and in date.
• Put stock away following deliveries.
Cafe Assistant Duties
• To serve customers in a friendly, pleasant and polite manner, using knowledge of products to support excellent customer service and upselling opportunities.
• Correct use of the Barista machine to serve hot drinks
• To use the till and follow correct cash handling procedures
• Wait on tables, checking back with customers to ensure satisfaction
• Clear and clean tables and check to ensure cleared tables are properly stocked
• Wash up to the standards required with a high attention to detail and efficiency
• Prepare cutlery
• Undertake the cleaning of the café area on daily and weekly basis to ensure all is maintained to a high standard.
• Prepare the café for set-up.
• Cash-up the till when required.
• Serve and assist with conference facilities and buffets
Cook additional responsibilities include:
• Safe access, following cash handling procedures at all times.
• Being a key holder, ensuring that the building is locked up in line with security requirements.
• Day to day instruction and support of Café Assistants in the absence of the Team Leader and Catering Manager
• To promote Bransby Horses and its work to all visitors and members of the public and ensure an efficient service in line with the Bransby Behaviours.
This is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties that may need to be undertaken. It may be necessary to undertake other duties in order to fulfil the objectives of the charity.
- A good standard of general education.
- A relevant food hygiene qualification
- Proven experience of work within a kitchen and front of house environment
- Thorough knowledge of H&S and hygiene requirements of working in a café environment
Cook additional skills:
- Excellent baking skills
- Able to prepare hot food as instructed by the Catering Manager
- Good organisational to be able to recognise day to day priorities and to assist with forward planning for stock items
- Able to give day to day instruction and guidance to Café Assistants when required to ensure the smooth running of the Café.
- Good team player
- Have a polite, friendly and approachable manner
- Able to promote a professional image of the charity at all times
- Flexible approach to working hours