Administration, Fundraising and Events Apprentice
Application close date:
Interviews to be held:
We are working with Lincoln College to recruit an Administration Fundraising and Events Apprentice. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
• Staff & Volunteers
• Visitors & Supporters
• Contractors & Suppliers
• Business Associates
• All other departments as required
Working Hours: 37.5 hours (including some evening and weekend work)
Annual Salary / Pay Per hour: £4.00 per hour
Main Purpose of the Job:
To assist in the delivery of fundraising and engagement activities which support the fundraising, marketing and events strategy to fulfil the charity’s overall objectives.
• Assisting with events including the administration, planning, set-up and promotion.
• Working at events and assisting with community fundraising, during the week and at weekends/evenings as required.
• Liaising with all departments to gather information for fundraising activities.
• Participating in local community engagement and assisting with on-site visits.
• Assisting with the organising Animal Adoption Days, guided tours, educational visits, open days and interest talks.
• Assisting with the organisation and planning of school holiday activities and support with undertaking them as required.
• Prepare statistics and reports and undertake research where required.
• Contribute ideas for community engagement and fundraising activities.
• Maintain events spreadsheets and provide information for reports.
• Work with volunteers.
• To carry out general office administration duties supporting the Fundraising Team including filing, answering telephones, passing on messages, handling and distributing post etc.
• To ensure the Fundraising Team office and telephones are supported and not left unattended during office hours.
• To undertake any other fundraising projects as deemed appropriate.
• Ensure an efficient service and follow the “Supporter Experience Charter”
• Protect and enhance the reputation of the charity at all times.
• To read, understand and observe the requirements of Health and Safety Policy and Procedure at all times.
• Develop relationships with other departments as required and work together for the benefit of the charity.
• Deal with confidential and sensitive information appropriately following Data Protection and GDPR procedures at all times.
This is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties that may need to be undertaken. It may be necessary to undertake other duties in order to fulfil the objectives of the charity.
• A good standard of education
• Be prepared to study towards a recognised qualification
• Previous administrative experience is desirable
• Events and Fundraising experience is desirable
• Competent in using all Microsoft packages is desirable
• Previous experience of working within a busy office environment is desirable
• Knowledge of working within the Charity sector is desirable
• Good organisation skills
• Experience of working to time critical deadlines, the ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
• Works well in a team but can also work using own initiative when required
• Comprehensive IT skills
• Creative, innovative and energetic
• Have the ability to promote a professional image of the charity at all times.
• Be flexible, self-motivated and pro-active in your approach to work
• Have a polite, friendly and approachable manner
• To promote a professional image of the Charity at all times.
• Have the ability to learn quickly and adapt to various situations
• Able to travel across site
• Assisting with events can be an outdoor and physical activity and the role involves bending and carrying equipment. The person carrying out this role must therefore be physically fit and able to maintain a suitable level of fitness to enable them to perform their job effectively.
• With flexibility to work evenings and weekends due to the nature of the role.