Accounts Assistant – Part time
Application close date:April 28, 2021
Interviews to be held:May 3, 2021
The Finance team are responsible for all of the Charity’s income and expenditure which allows us to deliver our organisational objectives. Our income is solely raised by our supporters, so the Finance team work hard to maintain budgets and ensure sustainability of Charity’s financial operations.
Supporting the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will:
– Be responsible for the maintenance of the purchase ledger
– Complete timely reconciling of all bank and cash accounts
– Be required to accurately process and record all income
We would be interested to hear from strong administrators that have previous accounting experience, obtained from working in a busy office environment. You should have recent knowledge of financial process and legislation as well as competency in using different Microsoft packages and software. You should have excellent numeracy skills, attention to detail and organisation.
- All staff members
- External suppliers
- Visitors and supporters
Working Hours: This post is offered on a permanent basis, working 22.5 hours flexibly, Monday - Friday.
Annual Salary / Pay Per hour: The Grade is D10 and the salary range is £20,306 - £22531 FTE per annum and comes with an attractive benefits package; including a free health cash plan, birthday leave and a year round wellbeing and training programme.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for the maintenance of the purchase ledger (including the processing of over 300 invoices a month, making supplier payments of approx. £180k every month and ensuring all staff follow the proper purchasing procedures).
Responsible for the accurate processing and recording of all income (including an average of £20k in cash, £5K paypal and 1500 cheques per month).
Responsible for the timely reconciling of all bank and cash accounts with an average total balance of £1.4M.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of purchase invoices ensuring the appropriate authorisations are in place.
- Responsible for reconciling supplier statements and chasing missing invoices.
- Preparation and processing of a weekly supplier payment run and uploading to bank.
- Arranging the bi-monthly Trustee invoice checks, producing the information and resolving queries.
- Training new employees on the Charity’s purchasing procedures.
- Responsible for the production of sales invoicing when required.
- Monitoring sales ledger balances and preforming credit control if needed.
Cash & Bank
- Responsible for the management of the petty cash system, including the correct authorisation of petty cash payments, the balancing of the petty cash and timely and accurate posting of all transactions onto the finance system.
- Responsible for the accurate input of all bank transactions onto the financial software system.
- Preparation of accurate and balanced monthly bank reconciliations on a timely basis for all bank accounts owned by the charity with all discrepancies investigated and resolved.
- Responsible for the accurate, timely and secure processing, reconciling and banking of cash and cheque donations, legacy income, mail order receipts and till takings.
- Updating analysis spreadsheets.
- Perform administrative tasks as needed.
- Track and resolve accounting problems and discrepancies as needed.
- Assisting the finance team with information and analysis as required.
- Ensure all procedures relating to the management of finances are followed by you and the end users of the finance function.
- Support and encourage a paperless environment.
- Generally assisting the accounts team.
- Develop relationships with other departments and work together for the benefit of the charity.
- To promote Bransby Horses and its work to all visitors and members of the public and ensure an efficient service in line with the Bransby Behaviours.
- Deal with confidential and sensitive information appropriately following Data Protection and GDPR procedures at all times.
- Read, understand and observe the requirements of Health and Safety Policy and Procedure at all times.
This is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties that may need to be undertaken. It may be necessary to undertake other duties in order to fulfil the objectives of the charity.
- A good standard of education
- English and Maths GCSE grades C or above or equivalent
- A relevant qualification is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience of working within a busy office environment is desirable
- Previous accounting experience is required
- Previous cash handling experience is desirable
- Competent in using databases, software and Microsoft packages particularly Excel is required
- Previous administrative experience in a busy office environment
- Knowledge of finance processes is required
- Excellent organisation, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Be able to prioritise and work to deadlines in a busy environment
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Have good attention to detail and be meticulous in all tasks
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Be a good team player
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Be flexible, self-motivated and pro-active in your approach to work
- Have a polite, friendly and approachable manner
- To promote a professional image of the Charity at all times.
- Have the ability to learn quickly and adapt to various situations
- Ability to stay calm and tactful under pressure
- Be respectful of sensitive situations and understand the need for strict confidentiality
- Some weekend and bank holiday work may be required
- Able to travel across site(s)