Application close date:November 28, 2018
Interviews to be held:December 10, 2018
Bransby Horses has more than 400 horses, ponies, donkeys and mules and a full calendar of events throughout the year, including adoption days and pony grooming. There is something for everyone at our Visitor Centre. The beautiful 600 acre site has endless walkways for visitors to explore, a café, Gift Shop, play park and picnic area.
We are currently seeking an innovative and dynamic Manager to oversee our Supporter focused departments; Supporter Services, Community Engagement and the Visitor Centre. As a Charity, we rely entirely on voluntary income which is derived predominantly from long term relationships with our supporters. The way in which we engage with our existing and potential supporters, is of paramount importance and the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, nurturing and maximising on all opportunities for growth via this income stream. They will also be responsible for ensuring an excellent visitor experience and raising awareness of our activities within the local community.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, who demonstrates an ability to build and maintain strong relationships by inspiring, motivating and influencing opinions and behaviours. We welcome applications from driven individuals with at least 5 years’ management experience, ideally in a customer focused environment. A qualification in a relevant discipline would be desirable.
- All staff and volunteers across the Charity
- Supporters of the Charity
Working Hours: 37.5 (to include some weekend, bank holiday and evening work)
Annual Salary / Pay Per hour: CIRCA £26,000-£30,000, plus an attractive benefits package and plenty of training and development opportunities.
Main Purpose of the Job:
|Context and Scope
Bransby Horses was founded in 1968 by Peter Hunt, his lifelong passion for horse welfare continues as the charity works hard to be flexible in its approach to meet the growing demands on horse welfare charities.
We continue to rely entirely on voluntary income which is derived predominantly from long term relationships with our supporters. The way in which we engage with our existing and potential supporters, is of paramount importance. We need to nurture our existing supporters, ensure an excellent visitor experience and continually find ways to engage with our local community.
The scope of income which is currently handled by this team is approximately £1m. It is essential for the future growth of the charity that this income stream is developed, nurtured and all opportunities for growth are maximized through our trusting relationships with supporters and visitors.
|Main Purpose of the Job:
To lead and manage the supporter, visitor and community engagement activities to ensure that we continue to grow our supporter base and associated income, and that we develop excellent relationships and awareness of our activities within the local community.
Supporter Services and Visitor Centre
- Manage the work of the Supporter Services and Visitor Centre staff to be sure that they are able to nurture existing supporter relationships and develop new ones through excellent customer service, thus promoting the ability to maximise opportunities for income generation.
- Be responsible for the effective management of all Supporter Services and Visitor Centre income generation schemes, including the Gift Shop and mail order. Be responsible for the receipt of income and the correct recording of that income and related data.
- Ensure that all supporter correspondence is processed promptly and considerately with an emphasis on developing and securing compliant relationships with supporters.
- Ensure that the team are aware of the best and correct ways to re-engage with lapsed supporters.
- Oversee the work of the Community Engagement Team, supporting the Community Engagement Team Leader to develop and put in place new initiatives and events and to manage existing projects and events, with the aim of generating awareness of the work of the Charity and encouraging new supporters.
- Work with the Community Engagement Team Leader to prepare and manage the Community Engagement budget and to review and report on the return on investment for community engagement initiatives, ensuring that initiatives that lag are reviewed and revitalized or replaced.
- Ensure that the work of the Community Engagement Team and the Supporter Services and Visitor Centre teams are closely aligned and working in support of each other and that resources are shared when appropriate.
Fundraising and Marketing
- Work closely with the fundraising roles and marketing team to review, revise and enhance the income generation schemes and the marketing of Supporter Services, Visitor Centre and Community Engagement initiatives.
- Work closely with the Education Team to be sure that there is collaboration where appropriate and that the Supporter Services, Visitor Centre and Community Engagement teams are fully informed of the education messages which need to be conveyed.
- Work with managers across the business to continually review and improve the way that the Visitor Experience is delivered.
Compliance, Reporting & Budgeting
- Be responsible for ensuring the effective use of the Charity’s database to capture all supporter and visitor information on and off site and for the management of data in compliance with legislation, regulations, guidelines including Data Protection, GDPR and internal procedures.
- Utilise the charity’s supporter databases to produce regular management reports and to recommend and put in place remedial action or changed initiatives where necessary.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the Fundraising Regulator, Institute of Fundraising, and Charity Commission guidelines, GDPR and data protection.
- Be proactive in keeping up to date with changes in legislation and guidance relevant to the work of the department and charity; ensuring staff are sufficiently trained and compliant.
General Duties of all managers
- Ensure an efficient service and follow the “Supporter Experience Charter”
- Deal with confidential and sensitive information appropriately following Data Protection and GDPR procedures at all times.
- Read, understand and observe the requirements of Health and Safety Policy and Procedure at all time.
- Be accountable the health and safety of all members of your team.
- Develop relationships with other departments as required and work together for the benefit of the charity.
- Work with the management team to ensure your team have the values of the charity embedded in to daily performance.
- Ensure your team is trained and developed and has the necessary tools to succeed in their job. This includes providing employees with ongoing feedback, coaching and training to support their development.
- Enforce strict stock control of all charity property and manage the cost effective use of all resources and equipment.
- Participate in the Duty Management Rota
This is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties that may need to be undertaken. It may be necessary to undertake other duties in order to fulfil the objectives of the charity
- A good standard of general education, including English and Maths
- Relevant Professional Qualification (Desireable)
- At least 5 years’ experience in a management role
- Demonstrable experience of managing, developing and motivating a team
- Experience of managing in a customer service environment
- Knowledge of sales/mail order practises and legislation
- Experience of coordinating campaigns, projects and events
- Experienced in the use of databases, accounts and CRM packages
- Knowledge of KPI reporting, analysing data and market trends
- Knowledge of Data Protection and fundraising legislation and Gift Aid
- Experience of working within a charitable organisation (Desireable)
- Knowledge of fundraising practices (Desireable)
- Experience of using Donor Strategy and Exchequer (Desireable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels)
- The ability to form and maintain strong relationships with internal departments and external organisations
- The ability to implement and maintain compliancy in every process
- Competent in using databases, software and all Microsoft packages
- An effective manager with an established and confident management style
- Able to work flexibly under pressure, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- The ability to problem solve
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Be proactive, creative and passionate about the work you do.
- Use initiative on a daily basis
- Analytical skills and good attention to detail
- Ability to inspire and motivate team members.
- Flexibility and willingness to work out of contracted hours when required
- The ability to promote a professional image of the charity at all times.
- Ability to travel.