Procurement and Retail Team Leader – Full Time
Application close date:April 21, 2021
Interviews to be held:April 29, 2021
Working for an animal welfare charity can be challenging at times, but working on the inside you will get to see first-hand, the significant difference that we can make to the animals in our care. Every department is integral to the work that we do and contributes to our overall mission, making it an incredibly rewarding place to work.
As most of our income derives from voluntary donation, our Visitor Engagement department is essential in building the foundations for long term relationships with our loyal supporters. This department also provides an additional income stream through the sale of merchandise online and in our Visitor Centre.
Working closely with the Visitor Engagement and Retail Manager, this supervisory role will focus on maximising fundraising opportunities via the procurement and management of merchandise online and in our gift shop. They will also be responsible for management of goods donated to the Charity for our onsite Donated Goods Shop.
We would be interested to hear from candidates with a minimum of 3 years of previous supervisory experience, coupled with prior retail experience and the experience of procuring their own merchandise. Good knowledge of retail and warehouse fulfilment processes would be ideal as well as a good understanding of trading legislation. They should be proficient in using IT systems to procure, process and fulfil orders as well as analyse data to maximise sales. They will be self-motivated and have good negotiation and people skills.
Working in a warehouse environment involves bending, lifting and performance of other labour intensive tasks. The person carrying out this role must therefore be physically fit and able to maintain a suitable level of fitness to enable them to perform their job effectively.
- Fundraising & Engagement Team Leaders
- All staff and volunteers across the charity
- Contractors and suppliers
Working Hours: This post is offered on a permanent basis, working 37.5 hours over 5 days per week, Monday - Sunday.
Annual Salary / Pay Per hour: The Grade of role is D11 and the salary range is £21881- £24501 per annum and comes with an attractive benefits package; including a free health cash plan, birthday leave and a year round wellbeing and training programme.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To identify and source trading company stock for sale through the Gift Shop and Mail Order, to manage the charity’s web shop and Donated Good shop. To increase online, mail order and visitor purchases throughout the year and the maximise the income potential of all supporter donated items.
|Mail Order & Gift Shop
Staff Supervision and Training
|This is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties that may need to be undertaken. It may be necessary to undertake other duties in order to fulfil the objectives of the charity.
- Educated to at least A level / Level 3 equivalent in a relevant subject
- A good standard of English and maths
- Retail / procurement / warehousing / customer service qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ supervisory experience
- Procurement/retail experience
- Customer service experience
- Warehouse fulfilment experience
- Experience of order fulfilment software, specifically KCMail Order would be ideal
- Knowledge of CRM systems
- Knowledge of Charity trading / mail order operations
- Understanding of data protection and GDPR
- Understanding of trading legislation
- Understanding of health & safety in the workplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT proficiency to be able to produce basic reports and graphs and to present sales and events information for analysis in the manner requested.
- Ability to deliver excellent levels of customer service to supporters
- Well organised with sound administrative skills
- Able to work flexibly under pressure, to time critical deadlines with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- The ability to see tasks through to completion
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A quick-thinking, self-starter who has good problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent knowledge of the work of the charity, this will need to be acquired on the job if not possessed at the outset
- Enjoys interaction with people and conveying key messages in a passionate manner
- Confident and personable
- Able to promote a professional image of the charity at all times, both in and out of work
- Flexible and adaptable team player
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings weekends and Bank Holidays as
- required, and undertake actions in response to on-the-ground activity
- A full UK driving license is desirable