Pony Rider and Equine Trainer
Application Closing Date:26th July 2021
Interview Date:4th August 2021
We need a patient and caring individual to prepare, back and school the ponies in our care that have the potential to be rehomed as part of our fostering scheme, Perfect Partner. The riding barn currently has care of 16 horses and as part of a small team, you would work daily, one on one, to back and produce a range of equines from unknown backgrounds, to prepare them for a new life with their Perfect Partner. The riding team also play a key role in the matching and rehoming process, working with our rehoming team and fosterers to ensure a smooth and positive transition. This role is integral to our overall mission as an Equine Welfare Charity and will allow us to continue the good work we do helping equines in need, across the UK.
WHO WE NEED
We would be most interested to hear from experienced riders who have previously trained and can ridden ponies from 13hh, through ground work, backing process and riding away. The ideal person will have a relevant equine qualification and be able to demonstrate their skills confidently and compassionately with a variety of equines. You must be able to use your initiative to plan and adapt, communicate professionally with fosterer and as part of a team and be able to maintain a suitable level of fitness due to the physical demands of caring for large animals.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Working in aid of neglected animals is incredibly rewarding and on top of that we can offer you:
– A great place to work with excellent facilities, set in 1000 acres of Lincolnshire countryside
– A competitive salary of £17607 – 19340 per annum, dependent on experience and subject to annual review
– An attractive benefits package with plenty of holiday options and free access to health and wellbeing scheme
– A good work/life balance, working 37.5 hours, finishing at 4.30pm and working only one in two weekends.
– A caring and inclusive community of over 150 dedicated employees, led by strong and supportive leadership
– A permanent position (subject to probationary period) with plenty of training and development opportunities
– Interesting and diverse work across our 7 specialist yards
– A job to be proud of; working for one of the largest equine rescue and welfare Charity’s in the UK