Marketing Communications Apprentice
Application close date:
Interviews to be held:
We are working with Lincoln College to recruit a Marketing Communications Apprentice. To apply for this role please click on the link below.
• Staff & Volunteers
• Visitors & Supporters
• Contractors & Suppliers
• Business Associates
• All other departments as required
Working Hours: 37.5 hours (including some evening and weekend work)
Annual Salary / Pay Per hour: £4.00 per hour
Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide marketing and communications support as part of the Marketing team.
• As directed; source material in collaboration with the PR and Communications Officer and other teams within the charity, to prepare good quality, knowledgeable and engaging press releases, features and copy for marketing materials, the website and other social media platforms.
• Prepare statistics and reports and undertake research where required.
• Contribute interesting, engaging, and relevant ideas for campaigns and other marketing activity, which are in-line with the charity’s culture and profile.
• To support the Fundraising Team and Visitor Engagement Team with onsite and external events as appropriate.
• To book and prepare meeting room facilities for the Marketing and PR team across site, to include any hospitality requirements, setting up rooms and tidying up after meetings.
• To carry out general office administration duties supporting the Marketing and PR team including filing, answering telephones, passing on messages, handling and distributing post etc.
• To ensure the Marketing team office and telephones are supported and not left unattended during office hours.
• To collate the weekly Marketing team’s priorities and movements for the Manager’s Meeting.
• Assist with preparation for social media communications on behalf of the charity.
• To assist in collation of marketing advertising and PR clippings library.
• To assist with taking photographs for the Marketing and PR team to use in communications.
• To collate content for the charity’s intranet and internal social media platforms as required.
• To undertake any other marketing projects as deemed appropriate.
• Ensure an efficient service and follow the “Supporter Experience Charter”.
• Protect and enhance the reputation of the charity at all times.
• To read, understand and observe the requirements of Health and Safety Policy and Procedure at all times.
• Develop relationships with other departments as required and work together for the benefit of the charity.
• Deal with confidential and sensitive information appropriately following Data Protection and GDPR procedures at all times.
This is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties that may need to be undertaken. It may be necessary to undertake other duties in order to fulfil the objectives of the charity.
• A good standard of education
• Be prepared to study towards a recognised Marketing qualification
• Previous administrative experience is desirable
• Competent in using all Microsoft packages is desirable
• Competent in using social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, You Tube and LinkedIn
• Previous experience of working within a busy office environment is desirable
• Knowledge of working within the Charity sector is desirable
• Excellent organisation and multi-tasking skills
• Be able to prioritise and work to deadlines in a busy environment
• Have good attention to detail and be meticulous in all tasks
• The ability to work on your own initiative
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Be a good team player
• Be flexible, self-motivated and pro-active in your approach to work
• Have a polite, friendly and approachable manner
• To promote a professional image of the Charity at all times.
• Have the ability to learn quickly and adapt to various situations
• Able to travel across site
• Assisting with photography and events can be an outdoor and physical activity and the role involves bending and carrying equipment. The person carrying out this role must therefore be physically fit and able to maintain a suitable level of fitness to enable them to perform their job effectively.
• With flexibility to work evenings and weekends due to the nature of the role.