Events Assistant (Voluntary)
Application close date:
Interviews to be held:
Bransby Horses are looking for confident, outgoing and enthusiastic individuals to support our staff and existing volunteers at internal and/or external events.
- Other Volunteers
- All Community Engagement team members
- Volunteer Coordinator
Working Hours: Flexible (to include weekends)
Annual Salary / Pay Per hour: Voluntary
Main Purpose of the Job:
|Our internal events are a crucial part of our organisation; they help to increase supporter engagement and also raise vital funds that enable us to continue to care for the animals in our care. Examples of the internal events we run are our Summer Fayre, Autumn Fayre & Christmas Fayre – our three biggest fundraisers of the year and also slightly smaller events specific to the season/occasion such as Halloween Spook Days or Easter Fun Days.
Our External Events provide a crucial platform to help work towards increasing supporter engagement and awareness of Bransby Horses within the local and wider community. Example of external events we attend are Lincolnshire Show, Newark and Nottinghamshire Show, Brocklesby Show and Heckington.
|At both Internal and External Events, it is likely that you will help to engage with the general public and help build visitor relationships. Depending on your role during the day you are likely to be involved with:
· Set up and break down of the Bransby Horses Stand
· Communicating with the general public and answering any queries to the best of your ability.
· Increasing awareness of Bransby Horses Adoption Scheme, Rehoming Scheme and Friends of Bransby.
· Selling a selection of branded products.
· Collecting payments for merchandise.
· Raising awareness of the educational opportunities available for schools and other community groups.
· Talking to and engaging with the general public about the work of Bransby Horses.
· Keeping the Bransby Horses stand tidy and fully stocked throughout the event.
|· Commitment to volunteering for Bransby Horses and attending agreed events.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Good numeracy and literacy skills.
· Availability to help at a weekend.
· Able to commit to the full time span of each event. This will include some very early start times and late finishes. If an event’s duration is two days, only one day commitment would be required.
· Confident and approachable.
· Honest and trustworthy.
· The ability to adapt to various situations.
· The ability to work on own initiative.
· The ability to work as part of a team.