Application close date:
Interviews to be held:
|Garden volunteering at Bransby Horses is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of the new community gardening project.
As part of Bransby Horses’ 50th Anniversary celebrations we are looking for a group of enthusiastic volunteers to help with all aspects of gardening within designated areas of our beautiful 600 acre site.
- All team members
Working Hours: Flexible
Annual Salary / Pay Per hour: Voluntary
Main Purpose of the Job:
|This exciting venture will bring together each area of Bransby Horses as part of Bransby in Bloom and 50th Anniversary Celebrations.
You will have the opportunity to brighten up various areas across the site with beautiful planters, hanging baskets and other floral displays. There is the opportunity to be involved with the general maintenance associated with a garden such as the painting of sheds, working in the greenhouse, creating raised beds and nurturing seeds through their various stages of development. This is a very exciting new venture will develop year on year with ongoing plans to include the development of an allotment area.
We are looking for volunteers with an interest in gardening/a willingness to learn about the pleasures of gardening.
Becoming a gardening volunteer will give you the opportunity to:
· Grow and nurture plants from seed.
· Plant up containers and hanging baskets.
· Maintain, water and weed hanging baskets, planters, green house plants and raised beds.
· Promote the benefits of the being a member of the Bransby Horses gardening club and how it impacts on the day to day life of the Charity.
· Talk to and engage with the general public about the work of Bransby Horses – Bransby in Bloom.
· Keeping the designated garden areas weed free and in a presentable condition.
· Potentially be involved in the development of an allotment area for the production of vegetables and fruit.
This is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties that may need to be undertaken. It may be necessary to undertake other duties in order to fulfil the objectives of the charity.
|· Ability to work independently
· Interest in gardening/horticulture
· Good communication skills.
· Team player
· Good listener
· Ability to follow plans and instructions
· Honest and trustworthy
· Adaptability to various situations