Equine Welfare Assistant – Weekenders
Application close date:May 25, 2018
Interviews to be held:June 1, 2018
Bransby Horses is one of the leading horse rescue and rehoming charities in the UK and as such we continually strive to develop and grow and our practise in all aspects of Equine Welfare. As a result of our rapid growth, are seeking three more enthusiastic Equine Welfare Assistants to join our friendly yard team at the weekend. As part of the team, you will be involved in all aspects of equine care, from health and wellbeing to grooming and handling. Working with us, you will be able to develop your skills and access many of the benefits and training that we have to offer. The ideal candidate will have a level 2 equine qualification and at least one year’s industry experience.
Please note that this is a physically demanding role and you will be required to work outdoors and in all weather conditions.
- Visitors and supporters of the charity.
- All staff that are employed or who work on a sub-contract basis for the charity.
Working Hours: Zero Hour & 15 hours per week (Saturday & Sunday)
Annual Salary / Pay Per hour: Meets National Minimum Wage (starting from £6.50 per hour - under 21)
Main Purpose of the Job:
Health and Safety
This is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties that may need to be undertaken. It may be necessary to undertake other duties in order to fulfil the objectives of the charity.
- A good standard of education (E)
- An industry recognised Level 2 Equine Qualification (D)
- At least one year’s experience of caring for equines (E)
- Practical experience, particularly with youngsters and un-backed equines (D)
- Good communicator, including both verbal and written (E)
- The ability to work on own initiative (E)
- Previous experience of carrying out a physically demanding role (D)
- Health & Safety Awareness (D)
- Flexibility and willingness to work out of contracted hours when required (E)
- Tactful, honest and trustworthy (E)
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to various situations (E)
- The ability to promote a professional image of the charity at all times, both in and out of work (E)
- Ability to inspire and motivate team members (E)
- Be presentable and able to represent the charity to the highest of standards at all times (E)
- Commitment to Charity objectives including honesty, respect and safety (E)
- A full driving license (D)