Community Engagement (Voluntary)
Application close date:
Interviews to be held:
Bransby Horses is looking for confident, outgoing and enthusiastic individuals to support staff and existing volunteers in promoting the charity’s vital rescue and welfare work, by engaging the local community as part of Bransby Horses’ 50th anniversary celebrations in 2018 .
- Events Coordinator
- Support Services Assistant
- All team members
Working Hours: Times and dates vary from each event, which can be discussed with the Volunteer Coordinator.
Annual Salary / Pay Per hour: Voluntary
Main Purpose of the Job:
Engage existing and potential supporters by helping the Marketing and Fundraising Teams to delivery an ambitious 50th anniversary year strategy. Activities to include:
- Working on the charity stand at events (sales, data capture, raising awareness)
- Supporting with the distribution of newsletters, wristbands and Christmas Cards to businesses in the local area
- Working at internal events – mascot, fundraising stalls, visitor feedback etc.
- Bucket collections – external events, street collections, supermarkets etc.
- Acting as an ambassador and speaking to visitors about the charity
- Supporting with 50th anniversary activities
- Commitment to volunteering for Bransby Horses and attending agreed events
- Enthusiastic and confident to approach people
- Excellent communication skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Flexible and punctual
- Confident and approachable
- Honest and trustworthy
- The ability to adapt to various situations
- The ability to work on own initiative
- The ability to work as part of a team